Director of Operations
Phone #:978-371-9649 x10
I came to the world of financial planning and wealth management in a very circuitous route.
Early on as a competitive high school golfer, I had aspirations of playing golf in college and then continuing on in the golf industry after graduation. After a challenging senior year on the golf course, I changed direction and rekindled my passion for baseball which I had not played competitively in many years. After taking a year off, I ventured to Rollins College in Florida and then to Fairfield University in Connecticut to play baseball while studying business administration. Sitting in the library one day my senior year of college, I began to reflect back on my experiences as a high school athlete and everything that I had gone through during the athletic recruiting process. I started writing about my experiences which eventually turned into a book called The Making of a Student-Athlete which has been featured in such publications as the New York Times and Boston Globe.
After graduation, I worked in the website development field for several years building and maintaining websites for small businesses and corporations. This position allowed me to develop the technology skills that I have continued to leverage in every position since then.
Needing a change and wanting to further share my experiences, I then went off on my own and launched a website to accompany my book which helps parents and high school athletes navigate the challenging college selection and athletic recruiting process. I love helping kids and parents and this is a project that I continue today.
I arrived at Abaris in 2011 when I was looking for new challenges and new ways to utilize my varied skillset and I joined the firm in an operations position. I was excited by the opportunity to assist a great team of financial planners in a support role that would utilize both my writing and technology backgrounds. What I like most about Abaris is that the goal is not simply to manage money but to connect with clients on a personal level and assist them with identifying and achieving whatever goals they may have in life. Each day we work to make those goals a reality.
My passions include spending time with my dogs, boating, fishing, scuba diving, being in and around the ocean.
GETTING TO KNOW DAVE
- Favorite food: Any seafood, chicken wings, pizza, bread and butter.
- Favorite quote: “I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.” Bruce Lee
- If you could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: Ted Williams
- Favorite book: Any book written by Michael Lewis
- Favorite movie: Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Favorite TV show: Seinfeld, How I Met Your Mother, Forged in Fire
- Favorite holiday: May 15th, when my marina opens for the summer.
- Something on your bucket list: To get my Captain’s license & to catch a Tarpon.
- Place you’d most like to visit: New Zealand
- Biggest accomplishment: Walking on a Division One baseball team then writing a book about the athletic recruiting process a few years later.