Director of Client Experience
“My goal is to help the planners in our office and our clients pursue their financial and life goals however big or small those might be..”
I grew up in a family that moved around a lot. My grandmother ran a beach club in Haiti and we lived there until the Revolution in 1985. Soon we lived in Naples, FL and 5 years later we were up in the Boston area for the great schools. My parents outlook was that you could do anything in life.
After I graduated from the University of Florida and followed my future husband to Boston, I worked on a trading floor in Operations for a Boston based firm. I loved the intensity and variety that each day brought. As much as I loved working, I finally found my calling as a Mom and decided to leave work to raise 2 lovely little girls. I lacked any desire to move around and be as adventurous as my parents had been, instead I never tired of early mornings, homemade playdough and visits to Drumlin Farm. When my youngest entered Kindergarten – I had empty nest syndrome!
The thought of working in Boston again seemed too far away from my family but I knew I needed to find the right balance which is not any easy task in the world of Finance. As fate would have it, I met Abbey and learned of the unique approach Abaris Fianncial Group had towards helping clients not only with their financial goals but also their life goals. I happily joined the group in 2017 and I am still able to get the kids off the bus every afternoon. Our family of 4 just welcomed a cute black and white puppy named Piper and our life always seems to be happily hectic.
My passions include my family, Reading, Kayaking, hiking, everything about Maine
GETTING TO KNOW LIZ
- Favorite food: Sushi
- Best piece of financial advice received: To never underestimate the power of compounding
- Favorite quote: “Faith is taking the first step, even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- If you could meet anyone, past or present, it would be: My grandfather
- Hidden talent: I can get any dog to like me
- Favorite book: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
- Favorite movie: Love Actually
- Favorite TV show: Downtown Abbey
- What motivates you: My relationships to others
- Favorite holiday: Thanksgiving
- Something on your bucket list: To see the Northern Lights
- Place you’d most like to visit: Sardinia, Italy
- Biggest accomplishment: Maintaining a positive attitude